Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Welcome...So far

Hi everyone,

Let me start off by saying I think this blog is more of a "healing process" for me. Infertility alone is such an emotional rollercoaster I am looking for a new method of venting! Let me start by saying I am excited for you all to learn more about infertility so you can all start to understand what all we are going through. I have been told by many friends and family that they just don't know what to say. Well here is my answer to that...I just need a set of ears to listen, you don't have to say a word!

Let me start by telling you a little about our journey so far. Lee and I were married on October 09, 2009.  That is when we decided it was a good time to start trying. Ive always heard it takes a while to get pregnant after coming off birth control. October, November, and December came and went. No baby news :( I told him that in January we would really start trying or at least calculating ovulation. It was a bit tricky due to the fact that my cycles were never regular.

This is where it gets to be a little too much information....Sorry! In june I finally went to see my gynecologist. I told her about some of the things I was concerned about. I never had a regular menstrual cycle to where I could even begin to accuratly count my ovulation. I had gained weight but dismissed that due to the fact that I was a newlywed. We talked for a while and she said she wanted to test me for Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome "PCOS". This is the condition where there are many small cysts in the ovaries, which can affect a womens ability to become pregnant. GREAT! Now what????

No comments:

Post a Comment