Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Dehydration spells....IV!

The babies are literally draining me! Over the weekend I had to have home health care come out and hook me up to an IV for dehydration. They also started me on a Zofran pump. This is the medication stop stop nausea. They actually give it to Chemotherapy patients. After trying the pill form they decided to bump me to the pump since the pills stopped working. It was nice to be in my own home, just sucked having an IV in. Lots of help from the hubby up and down the stairs to get to the restroom. I got to take the IV out on Sunday (by myself) but I am keeping the pump in (you can see the attached pictures) until the doctor says to stop it. Even then I will be weened off slowly. I will say this HURTS horrible though. I have to change the site everyday and it has now left red welt marks across my stomach. I will have the doctor look over this tomorrow. I seem to be a little dramatic when changing this tiny, tiny catheter but it sucks! For now this is really working and I will deal with the pain to keep my babies growing. I am only nauseas about 3 to 4 times a day compared to a 24 hour spell of sever nausea and vomiting. Funny fact...All I want to eat is TATER TOTS! Lee keeps saying "thats not dinner" well me and the babies think so.

Tomorrow is our first appointment with our OBGYN....wish us luck! The pictures below are from the IV and the Zofran pump.







So these pictures suck...I can replace them when I get to work, our home computer does not want to help me and I have a headache so I give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment