Wednesday, January 12, 2011

It's Shotty shot shot time!

Well stopped by good 'ole Kohl's pharmacy to get my prescriptions. The trigger shot was $62. The lady told me that they had a discount program that took it down to $47...Yes please! The other set of injections are for the daily injections of Menopur. I got 2 of them for Wed and Thur... $302!!!!!!!!!! Let me remind you no insurance coverage what so ever! I was getting ready to pay when a worker from the backed walked up and looked at what I was getting and said "We have another discount program for that one too" Well hook me up sister because I need it. This is where pharmaceutical companies like to screw you! To sign up I gave them an email address and they took half off the price...Oh yeah I said half taking my total to $144! HELLO! What a scam. Here are these poor ladies who can't make a baby for free and no insurance cover these things so you will take all the money they have. I was furious but started crying and told them it meant so much more than they could ever know and said thank you so much for helping me.

Today was shot number 1. I got very nervous before I gave it to myself. I actually got so freaked out I called the pharmacist to walk me through it. Now I work with diabetes patients all the time and teach them to do injections all the time. Do you think just this one little shot would have been such a problem? Obvious that's a yes for me. I started to cry a little before I gave it and Lee was of course talking me through it, although he was about to faint looking at the needle. I gave it and......INSTANT BURN! Ouch! It of course was OK and I believe I am going to live. Tomorrow we shall do it all again. I will be bowling tomorrow when I give it so I will have my girls there to help me out emotionally. See you have to give the shot at the exact same time every night so 7pm it will be. Friday is the big ultrasound day to see if we have any follicles and that will determine the rest of the shot schedule. I will return Friday to update more and cross your finger for some Follies!

No comments:

Post a Comment